The Train ‘n Praise Potty Training System pairs an absorbent pee pad with a treat dispenser for easy house training and obedience training. This consistent, convenient potty training tool uses treats to encourage good behaviour and allows training to continue while you're away. As your dog pees on the replaceable pee pad, the moisture alerts an internal sensor in the pad, which wirelessly sends a signal to the treat dispenser. The treat dispenser then releases treats or kibble, rewarding your puppy for using the pee pad instead of your floor. Urine is trapped in the leak-proof bottom layer of the pee pad, leaving your floor clean and dry. Young puppies often learn quickly, and even non-housebroken adult dogs or senior dogs who have lost bladder control can easily learn where it's okay to use the bathroom. Once your pup is fully house trained, use the treat dispenser and remote to teach new commands or better behaviour. Teach your dog not to jump or bark at visitors or teach him fun tricks like Sit, Shake, Roll Over and High Five.
- Uses positive reinforcement to house train your pet
- Train other behaviours with treat dispenser & remote after potty training is completed
- Perfect for puppies or senior dogs and apartments or condos without yards
- Pee pads made of 6 layers for extra protection
- Pad control unit easily attaches and reattaches to new pee pads
- Handheld remote offers instant rewards for more training flexibility
- Optional audible tone lets your dog know a treat is coming
- Winner of Dr. Marty Becker's Becker's Best Award¯ at Global Pet Expo
Expandable SystemAdd up to 10 pee pads and clips to the same treat dispenser to increase the potty training area (additional clips sold separately)
Basic Housebreaking Steps
Place your dog on the pee pad when he normally has to use the bathroom. The best times are before bedtime, first thing in the morning and after eating or drinking. When your dog is on the center of the pad, say a cue word such as Bathroom and give a treat from your hand.
Next, practice treating your pet with the dispenser. Every time your pet pees on the pad, use the handheld remote to dispense a treat.
Attach the pee pad clip to the pad. Every time your pet pees on the pad, the dispenser will automatically give him a treat. Your dog's potty training can continue even when you're away, for a consistent, effective training experience. Most pets learn quickly in 2-4 weeks to use the pee pad.
Teach Your Dog Better Behaviour
Once your pet is potty trained, you can use the treat dispenser without the pee pad to teach your dog other commands. Redirect your pet's bad behaviour with a command for the behaviour you want. The treat dispenser lets you reward your dog for good behaviour and easily teach new commands.
Sample Command: Place
- Place your dog's bed near the dispenser.
- Use a leash to bring him to the bed.
- Use the remote to give your dog a treat when he has all 4 paws on the bed.
- Add the command by saying "Place" and giving a treat when your dog is on the bed.
- Give your dog the "Place" command to make him go to the bed, then give him a treat.
- Train 1 dog at a time.
- Teach your pet 1 new behaviour in 10-minute sessions every day for a few weeks.
- Train when your dog is hungry.
- Hand feed your dog until he's comfortable with the dispenser.
- If your dog tries to bite or paw at the dispenser, change his focus to you. When he stops and gives you good behaviour, give a treat from the dispenser.
CompatibilityWorks with dry kibble or treats up to 1.3 cm in size (about the size of the average thumbnail)
WaterproofWater resistant Pad Control Unit
- Free-standing or wall-mounted treat dispenser
- Remote transmitter
- 10 moisture detection pee pads
- Pee pad clip
- 4 AA batteries (optional AC adaptor sold separately)
- 2 3-volt lithium battery (CR2032)
- Mounting hardware
- Operating Guide
Manuals & Support
Call our Customer Care team for live help:
Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm
Saturday 9am - 5pm ET
- Free phone support
- Online help database
- Step-by-step manuals